Thursday, January 31, 2013

Noteworthy

There are so many times throughout the day that I think to myself, "I really need to write this down."  Lately it seems to come when thinking of a grocery item that needs to be picked up or another to-do on the home improvement list, but I will spare you from those and instead will share some "Clara-isms" that bring many laughs and need to be remembered!

- Matt: "Clara, would you like a piece of biscotti?"
Clara: "Not right now Dad, I'm birthing the Saviour."
(A little background: She's been really into having babies lately and playing mommy & kid and husband and wife.  I always end up being the kid and she refers to me as "kid" each time she speaks to me.  A common line when we play is "Guess what, kid? Your mama is going to have a baby today!" Some of her favorite baby's names are as follows: Cora, Gligey, Jesus. Jesus strangely resembles Curious George.)

Getting ready to leave the house "pregnant" with Curious George.


- Today I was watching a video clip of the president talking about the immigration reform and I asked Clara if she new who that was.  She said no, so I told her it was President Obama.  We've talked about the President when the elections were going on, heard him speak on the radio, and recently a few of her books have referenced the White House, so she is somewhat familiar with the idea.  She continued to watch him speak, then said, "I didn't know President Obama was on our computer! He's my favorite character."

- While explaining that all the Presidents live at the White House I said, "Maybe one day we can go to Washington D.C. to see the White House." Clara said, "Yes, I'll go up and knock on the door." I explained that people can only see it from far away and that the President wouldn't want lots of people knocking on his door everyday.  She said, "But mom, I just want to give President Obama a hug." (She also said this about Santa Claus.  She wanted to sneak out of her room on Christmas Eve to give Santa a big hug.)

Stay tuned...more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment