Saturday, October 6, 2012

5 Months Old!

Yesterday Maggie turned 5 months old!  I can't believe it and last night realized I am in denial about it.  The realization came when I was trying to jam her foot into 3 month old pajamas.  Maggie is not a small baby (she was almost 16 lbs at her 4 month appointment!), so I think it is time to put away those 3 months clothes and give her some room to stretch and grow.

Here are a few things she is doing at 5 months old:
- Rolls from back to tummy
- Smiles, laughs & "talks"
- Sitting up in Bumbo chair
- Sleeps in crib (finally transitioned her from our room!) from 8 pm to 3 or 4 am, then again until 7
- Has had 6 successful flights to CA!
- Loves to watch and smile at her sister
- Puts anything and everything in her mouth!  Her favorites are burp clothes, my shoulder, and her hands.

And here is her favorite new trick:





I almost forgot to mention the most helpful mom victory I had a few weeks ago with Maggie.  She was having a lot of trouble napping and when she did it was only for 20 or 30 minutes at a time.  One afternoon I tried swaddling her again and it was a huge success!  Now at nap and bedtime I just wrap her up and she falls right to sleep.  Yeah for sleep!



Happy 5 months, sweet girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment