Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Family Time



While in California last week we were so blessed to be able to spend time with so many of our family members.  After spending a couple days in Tehachapi with my mom and dad, we drove over to Carpinteria for a couple days.  When we arrived we were greeted by my Aunt Cindy and Grandma and a table of presents with a happy birthday balloon for Clara's upcoming 3rd birthday and to celebrate Maggie's birth!  I was so glad that they were able to meet Maggie.  We trekked down to the beach and spent the afternoon enjoying the sun (& shade!).


Maggie with her Great-Aunt Cindy
Maggie with her Great-Grandma

An extra special treat was getting to meet up with my brothers, Joe & his family and Andrew and my sister, Aly in Pismo Beach for the night.  It was a beautiful afternoon when we arrived and checked into the hotel and we just spent the evening watching the kids run around, swimming in the pool, and enjoying dinner from Firestone Grill (yet another California essential).  Clara loved getting to play with her cousins!  

I love this picture of Aly!  I just love her beautiful smile!
She loves being Auntie!
  
The night we were at the hotel, Grandma B surprised Clara with cupcakes and everyone joined in to sing "Happy Birthday".

Uncle Joe made a quick trip down to meet Maggie then headed back for work early the next morning!

The girls and I with Kathie

The next day we met up with my good friend Kathie who was my master teacher when I student taught.  She is a wonderful woman who taught me a lot about patience, planning, positive attitude and love.  We continued to keep in touch as I began to teach.  When my brother and sister began college in San Luis Obispo, she "adopted" them and began having them over for dinner and checking in on them.  She and her husband, Chuck, have played an important part in all of our lives!  It was really a treat to get to visit with her!


The flight home was so smooth!  Maggie was just awesome the whole time and Clara was fantastic too!  I'm so thankful that we were able to go visit!  I am especially thankful for my mom for making these minitrips possible!  She drove from place to place and made sure so many of the details were in place upon our arrival and throughout the trip.  She was flexible, knowing that at any time we may have to pull over or abort a plan, which I greatly appreciate!